This page is intended to include 50 things I want to be, do or have by my 50th birthday. From the first day I published this (July 10, 2014) until the present, this was always intended to be a living document to be revised as “necessary” over the course of 1,500+ days.
I intend to cross things off the list as they are accomplished and if there is a follow-up be/do/have I can add, I will add it below the original. Otherwise, I will add another goal to the bottom of the list. The intention here is to keep pushing myself.
One of the most important things I wanted to keep in mind as I listed these is this: Everything on here must be something where I can control the outcome. For example, I don’t want to say “finish the Denver qualifying course for American Ninja Warrior” because I don’t know if I can even run the course as a walk-on. So for that one, I’m only saying “try to compete…” because that attempt is completely within my control.
- Read 50 books I’ve never read before.
- Watch 50 classic movies I’ve never watched before.
- Complete my CCNA Security certification.
- Complete my CCNP Security certification.
- Complete my CCIE Security certification.
- Get my weight down to 190 pounds or less for 7 seven straight days.
- Sustain a healthy weight for the remainder of the time until my 50th birthday.
- Participate in five 5k races with a better finishing time in each subsequent race.
- Try to compete in the 2018 American Ninja Warrior as a walk-on in the Denver qualifier.
- Earn my first $1 in a side business.
- Earn $100 in a single month in a side business.
- Earn $1,000 in a single month in a side business.
- Earn $10,000 in a single month in a side business.
- Celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary.
- Ride my exercise bike a total of 3,000 miles.
- Build a savings account balance of $2,500.
- Build an investment account balance of $50,000.
- Complete my bachelors degree.
- Earn a masters degree.
- Earn the Frederick Community College Associate Degree in Emergency Management.
- Complete 30 Muniversity credits through CML.
- Attend two CML annual conferences. (16-19 June, 2015)
- Do 100 pushups in a row.
- Do 20 pullups in a row.
- Bench press 300 pounds.
- Squat or leg press 400 pounds.
- Have a visibly sexy 6-pack.
- Hike to the top of Pikes Peak.
- Hike to the top of two other 14-ers in Colorado.
- Do the Incline at Manitou Springs five times, getting better every time.
- Participate in a Tough Mudder.
- Participate in a Spartan Race.
- Speak to an audience of more than 100.
- Speak to an audience of more than 1,000.
- Read the Bible cover to cover in two different versions.
- Read three other major spiritual or philosophical books; e.g. Bhagavad Gita.
- Learn to speak conversational Spanish.
- Learn to speak fluent Spanish.
- Go on a Mexico mission trip with Restoration.
- Go on another mission trip of any kind with Restoration.
- Participate in two men’s Bible studies.
- Participate in an amateur bodybuilding competition.
- Enjoy at least three symphony performances.
- Enjoy at least three live stage plays or musicals.
- Write at least 30 articles for Fountain Valley News.
- Introduce myself to 1,000 former strangers.
- Petition for membership in the local Masonic lodge.
- Enjoy an Alaskan or Caribbean cruise.
- Help 1,000 people on their own journeys through their subscription to this blog.
- Run an old time radio podcast with 100 subscribers.
09/21/2014 – Speak to an audience of more than 10.
Informed on Sept 20, 2014 that Nineveh Shore had broken up.
Thus, I have removed and replaced these goals with new ones.
Play 20 shows with Nineveh Shore.
Write five songs with Nineveh Shore.